[U-Boot-Users] does cramfs/JFFS2 employ checksums ?

Iyer maseriyer at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 02:13:27 CEST 2007

 Is there a cramfs based checksum on the data that is being stored on the MTD where the cramfs mounts ? Say, there is some data on MTD device 2 and the kernel mounts the cramfs image on MTD device 2 and is there any mechanism to verify that the data on the cramfs image hasn't been compromised?

 I guess JFFS2 also has it's own checksum, because it detects bad blocks. Correct me if I'm wrong.

 thanks
 iyer