[U-Boot-Users] HTML posts (was: Re: load binary over serial)

Robert Delien robert.delien at nxp.com
Fri Jul 6 14:32:07 CEST 2007

Hello Wolfgang,

> > --0__=4EBBF99CDFCB05788f9e8a93df938690918c4EBBF99CDFCB0578
>
> Please STOP posting HTML!

I know this can be highly annoying and it's also not my format of
preference, but not all of us have a choice in that. I work for a large
company (NXP, previously known as Philips Semiconductors) and we are
obliged to use Lotus Notes. I think anyone who uses Lotus Notes will agree
with me that this is _the_worst_ piece of software every written, but we
have no choice but to use it: It's company policy. I have stripped out all
text formatting and letterhead options, configured it to 'plain text only'
globally, severely crippling Lotus Notes, but it still appears to send HTML
mail. And I don't want to revert to anonymous GMail accounts, if it were
possible from our network at all.

One of the big accomplishments of you, U-Boot and the U-Boot community is
that it is being accepted by large companies all over the world. In their
turn they contribute to U-Boot, making it an even bigger success. In my
opinion tolerating an incidental HTML post every now and then is a small
price to pay for your achievements.

With kind regards,

      Robert.