[U-Boot-Users] Reading mediacard compressed files

Joey Oravec joravec at drewtech.com
Fri Jul 13 17:10:14 CEST 2007

"Junior" <ejr at inbox.com> wrote in message
news:331ACB2C846.00000166ejr at inbox.com...
> Hi All,
> I have a media card that has one fat partition with a testfile.gzip
> (unrelated to the kernel).
> I would like to read this file and uncompress it to SD memory.
> Can this be done and if so, how do I achieve this?
> I've enabled FAT support but fatinfo requires "dev[:part]" and I'm not
> sure what to
> specify as my device and partition.

Typically "fatinfo mmc 0". The command is of the format "fatinfo <interface>
<dev[:part]>"

Interface is important for common/cmd_fat.c function get_dev() where it
calls a different function for each name. It passes the device number to a
function mmc_get_dev which is probably in your cpu-specific files unless
something has changed since 1.1.5. My at91 mmc/sd implementation is quite
simple because I only support one device. I completely ignore the dev
parameter and return a pointer for the only device available on my system.

-joey