[U-Boot-Users] [patch] only use $(TEXT_BASE) if it is set

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sun Jul 15 06:03:12 CEST 2007

On 6/22/07, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:
> we've moved TEXT_BASE out of the build system for Blackfin and into the config
> header so that when porting to a new board, users dont need to set both the
> CFG_MONITOR_BASE and TEXT_BASE to the same value in two remotely different
> files
>
> for u-boot general though, i'd like to apply the attached patch that simply
> says only utilize TEXT_BASE in global common files if it is set ... that way
> everyone else can continue to use TEXT_BASE in their board specific .mk files
> while in Blackfin, we can simply unset it

This change is probably okay, so...

Acked-by: Grant Likely <grant.likely at secretlab.ca>

However, I think it is only treating a symptom, and not the root
problem.  The root problem is that values set in the config header are
not available to the build system and visa-versa.  This is probably
going to be solved as part of the Big-UBoot-Rework(tm) that is
currently underway.

Cheers,
g.

--