[U-Boot-Users] I2C not working in uboot

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Tue Jul 17 14:51:17 CEST 2007

> Please somebody tell me the correct way use the
> I2C bus for checking the keypad in uboot.

- I'll assume you used the u-boot snapshot from the TI download site for 2430.

- I've used the i2c commands in the past with out issues for 24xx/343x targets.  I've not tried this is a while on 24xx but it worked last time I tried.

- T2 shows up as 4 separate i2c chips.  Below is an example accessing into it.  You should be able to go look at the revision register and others.

- Below is an example writing to the power section to select a high voltage level.  The example was part of some over clocking tests which required a higher voltage.

OMAP34XX SDP # imm 4b b9
000000b9: 30 ?
000000ba: 00 ?
000000bb: 00 ? 43