[U-Boot-Users] U-boot to mpc8260

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Jul 18 14:26:27 CEST 2007

Hi Xyyiezi,

>      I am in an IC design company.And there ia an object of my company it is
> about mpc8260.We have the  circuit netlist of mpc8260,but we cann't guarantee
> the circuit netlist to be correct.The circuit netlist was on a SUN server which
> supported Linux and Cadence. We want to use the u-boot as a software
> verification tool to verificate the netlist. We have write a platform which was
> used as an hardware in the verification. And we want to load the u-boot code
> mpc8260 to the RAM block of the circuit netlist.In this method,we could
> verificate the circuit netlist by both u-boot and the platform.It will be a
> mode of hardware and software co-verification.
>      But the difficult is I don't kown how to load the u-boot.Now I have read
> the source code of the mpc8260 in the u-boot,and I kown I could use the GCC to
> translate them.I didn't kown how to configure the mpc8260.What material should
> I read?In my opinion,the circuit netlist will be similar to the hardware
> mpc8260 expect the speed while it is running.But the hardware mpc8260 has its
> board ,for example mpc8260ads,which is not in the circuit netlist in the SUN
> server.And I don't kown whether I could configure the u-boot take the board
> information.
>      I earnest hope to obtain your help!
>      Thank you!

Gone are the days when hardware was something you could knock your
head against :)

No honestly, I don't understand completely what "netlist" (what is
that anyway?) you are simulating, but you either have to

a) simulate hardware supported by U-Boot or
b) create a U-Boot port for your simulated hardware.

Considering the fact that you simply want to _use_ U-Boot, I guess a)
would be the most viable option.  However it sounds that you simulate
your own custom hardware, so very likely things will not turn out to
work out of the box.

Taking route b) will take some time and very likely defeat your
original intention of verification.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The limits of my language stand for the limits of my world.
                                        -- Ludwig Wittgenstein