[U-Boot-Users] Problems with tftp-transfers on u-boot (with Linux ok)

Roesli, Patrick patrick.roesli at siemens.com
Wed Jul 18 17:40:44 CEST 2007

Dear u-boot community,

First of all, thank you very much for this great bootloader!

>From time to time we have some problems on the ethernet-communication at
the bootloader level. When we are trying to download an image via tftp,
the communication isn't running fluently, there are some interruptions
as
we can see with ethereal, or even the communication isn't running at
all.
These problems do not occure on every hardware and may be caused by some
chip/hardware tolerances.
On the other side, after starting the Linux-Kernel and running tftp in
userspace there is no problem anymore.

We haven't found any related changes on the source since the u-boot
1.0.2.
Had anbody similar effects on the ethernet-communication or any idea how
we
could solve the problem?

Kind regards
Patrick Roesli

software components:
- u-boot 1.0.2 (denx-tree) U-Boot-1_0_2
- kernel 2.4 (denx-tree linuxppc_2_4_devel) LABEL_2005_06_20_1300

hardware components(NSCU Board):
- Freescale MPC855TVR66D4(66Mhz) on a TQ systems TQM855-AC(32MB
SDRAM/16MB flash)
- Ethernet Controller LXT971A
http://developer.intel.com/design/network/products/LAN/applnots/24940101
.pdf (single port)