[U-Boot-Users] Yucca DDR2 setup

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Jul 24 07:42:47 CEST 2007

Hi Dale,

On Monday 23 July 2007, Dale Dunlea wrote:
> I have 2 AMCC yucca boards, one Rev A silicon, and one Rev B silicon.
>
> Using commit
> 2721a68a9ea91f1e494649ce68b2577261f578e2, (8th March, 2007 "Small AMCC
> Katmai 440SPe update"), DDR2 works fine (with the original Micron
> DIMMS, anyway). But the next commit,
> 2f5df47351910a2936c7741cf111855829200943 (8th March, "Update AMCC
> Yucca 440SPe eval board support") which adds support for initialising
> SDRAM using the I2C prom, always reports:
>
> "ERROR: Cannot determine a common read delay for the DIMM(s) installed."
>
> This happens on both the Rev A board, and the Rev B board. Oddly
> enough, on our own custom board which is very similar to the Yucca, it
> passes fine.
>
> Has anyone ever seen this before?

Not exactly as you described. It is know though, that Yucca Rev A boards were
having problems with the current common SPD DDR2 memory detection code. But
just recently I fixed this Rev A issue in the u-boot-ppc4xx repository:

http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot/u-boot-ppc4xx.git;a=commit;h=df3f17422aeb03fb81a7ac8c78d2b05d05aa4cf9

So please download the current u-boot-ppc4xx repository and give it a try. And
please let me know if it works on your Yucca's (Rev A and B) and your custom
board.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan