[U-Boot-Users] Problem building MPC8260ADS with source from git

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Jul 24 22:44:37 CEST 2007

Scott Mann wrote:
> Hi
>
> I pulled the latest (7/19) source from the git repository (I used
> snapshot) and when I went to build MPC8260ADS, it failed. I could go
> into the gory details if someone really cares, but the fix I
> implemented was to add CFG_CMD_MFSL to the CFG_EXCLUDE list in
> include/configs/MPC8260ADS.h. This CFG command seems to deal with the
> Microblaze and therefore is not applicable to anything else, I think.
> Any comments about this fix? Does it make sense to do it this way or
> is there something I'm missing?
>
> It may be that this problem exists with other builds, but I haven't
> tried the MAKEALL yet. I could do that later.  Also, the README says
> to submit a diff patch, but which args to diff do you want? If it is
> agreed that my change is correct, I'll do a MAKEALL, add the fix
> wherever else it may be needed, create the patch and send it along.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Hi Scott,

Reference:
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/29858/focus=29903>

I also saw that recently and came to the same conclusion.  It is due to
a very naive command configuration - taking "all" and then subtracting
the undesired ones.  The problem is, whenever someone adds a command
that is incompatible, the build breaks for that board.

Jon (jdl) has a New Improved command configuration mechanism that will
solve the world's woes, except for that one.  I intend to submit a patch
after Jon's patches were pulled into the mainline (unless someone beat
me to it).

Best regards,
gvb