[U-Boot-Users] U-boot for MCF5329

w.wegner at astro-kom.de w.wegner at astro-kom.de
Fri Jul 27 16:22:47 CEST 2007

On 27 Jul 2007 at 10:06, Robert S. Grimes wrote:
[...]
> Also, given your difficulties with RAM, and the apparent advice to not
> bother trying to run out of RAM, it seems better not to go that route.
> But bottom line: for me, I just want to get this working in the final
> configuration ASAP - then again, don't we all? ;-)

I am running on my custom board. The flash is working there, too - the only problem is that
there are some places in flash where it seems I can only write with U-Boot, not from the BDM
interface. I have no idea why, but this is why I currently need running from RAM here to flash
the image...

With the workaround mentioned in the last mail running from RAM works, but depending on
configuration, the risk is that CPU and/or bus clock are not at the correct values. I can live
with that, but it would be nice to solve it.

Sorry I can´t help you with the CS2 problem!

With the MCF5329 port running on MCF5373L, I also do have another funny problem:
I cannot boot my linux image.
The image is decompressed (taking around 3 times longer than with my old U-Boot port,
BTW), and when starting the kernel, there is no reaction any more. Again, no idea yet, but I
will let you know when I find out.

Regards,
Wolfgang