[U-Boot-Users] Query on Global Offset Table

urwithsughosh at gmail.com urwithsughosh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 23:05:55 CEST 2007

 Hello,
     I had a query regarding the usage of Global Offset Table.I
     understand that the GOT is primarily used in dynamically linking
     some file to a executable, like dynamic shared libraries.In
     u-boot though we compile certain modules as static
     libraries,which would be bound to the executable at link time.What
     do we use the GOT for in u-boot.My guess is it's something to do
     with code relocation to the main memory.Would be helpful if
     someone elucidates on this.

--
sughosh