[U-Boot-Users] Altera Stratix II support

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Fri Jun 1 18:47:13 CEST 2007

> I have successfully integrated Altera Stratix II (fast passive
> parallel) into the existing FPGA framework within u-boot.

Hi Eran,

Sounds great!

I'm slammed at the moment working on hardware, so won't
get to absorb your work just yet. I notice a few comments
from Wolfgang on using the git head, and coding style
comments, so I guess you'll be working on those.

Just to refresh me, this is an 8548 with a Stratix II
configured by bit-banging I/O on the processor?
Is the FPGA on the local bus, or is it a PCI device
that U-Boot needs to configure?

Out of interest, what's the FPGA being used for?
 From your files ... extricom/exsw6000, and http://www.extricom.com,
it looks like this is a new wireless lan based product.

I've got schematics that should have been kicked out the
door months ago ... so I'll be back to those for a few
more weeks :(  As soon as I put my software-developer hat
back on I'll look in more detail at your patch, and see if
I can hack together the MPC8349E-MDS-PB and a Stratix II
kit to see if I can configure the FPGA.

Cheers
Dave