[U-Boot-Users] Using common CFI driver and mtdparts

Carsten Schlote c.schlote at konzeptpark.de
Fri Jun 1 18:52:29 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm porting u-boot to a Moxa UC7420 box. This device uses two 16Bit
Intel CFI 28F128 (16MB) flashes on CS0 and CS1. Both devices have
adjected address space and used as a single logical unit of 32MB from
linux.

In u-boot the CFI driver detects them as two banks each 16MB.

The root partition is starting on the first flash and ends somewhere on
the second being about 30MB in size.

The mtdparts command doesn't like this setup.

I tried disabling the common CFI driver, and fake-aranged a single flash
bank setup. Now mtdparts works perfect, but I have to use the board
supplied flash stubs and add special handling for the baseaddress
selection of some CFI commands. Right now this is really unsatisfying.

Is there some proposed and recommended way to configure u-boot for such
a setup? Is there a way to map two adjected flash chips to a single
mtd-dev name?

Regards
Carsten

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit