[U-Boot-Users] Compiling U-Boot

Midhun Agnihotram agnimidhun at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 16:11:18 CEST 2007

Hi All,

   I am compiling U-Boot for my Cogent board (based on Arm 926EJ-S).
For the variable CROSS_COMPILE in the Makefile, should I use
arm-none-gnueabi-gcc or arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc ?? I am using the
tool chain by Code sourcery.

  I have this doubt because, for ARCH=i386, i386-linux is the prefix
in the makefile. For PPC, the prefix is powerpc-linux. But as far as I
understand, arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc is used to compile applications
which will run on the linux deployed on the kit and not for a native
application like boot loader. The native programs are compiled with
arm-none-gnueabi-gcc. Am I correct??

--
Thanks & Regards,
Midhun Agnihotram.