[U-Boot-Users] IXP425 ethernet & NPE microcode

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Jun 6 14:21:13 CEST 2007

Hi Martijn,

On Monday 14 May 2007, Martijn de Gouw wrote:
> > Doesn't apply on current version:
> >
> > Could you please create a new patch against the current
> > U-Boot version and
>
> here is a new patch

Sorry it took me so long. Still doesn't apply though:

stefan at ubuntu:~/git/u-boot/u-boot-ixp$ cg-patch < u-boot-npe-nor.diff
patching file include/configs/pdnb3.h
Hunk #4 FAILED at 184.
1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/configs/pdnb3.h.rej
patching file tools/env/fw_env.h
patching file cpu/ixp/npe/IxNpeDl.c
patching file cpu/ixp/npe/IxNpeDlImageMgr.c
patching file cpu/ixp/npe/Makefile
patching file cpu/ixp/npe/include/IxNpeDlImageMgr_p.h
patching file cpu/ixp/npe/include/IxNpeMicrocode.h
patching file cpu/ixp/npe/npe.c
patching file include/configs/pdnb3.h
Hunk #2 FAILED at 76.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 182.
2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/configs/pdnb3.h.rej

This is quite confusing since you seem to have combined two patches in this
single patch file. For example pdnb3.h is patched twice! If it's easier for
you, then please send me two patches, one for the IXP-NPE stuff and one for
your pdnb3 config file. Thanks.

Could you please resend a patch against the current repository? I'll promise
to check and submit this time quickly.

> > resend. And please add a more descriptive commit log than:
>
> Patch includes trimming of unused functionality in NPE driver.
>
> The following defines define the address to load firmware from:
>
> CONFIG_NPE_B_ADDR1
> CONFIG_NPE_C_ADDR1
>
> There are also a second set addresses, in case first fails to contain a
> valid microcode image:
>
> CONFIG_NPE_B_ADDR2
> CONFIG_NPE_C_ADDR2

Thanks. But it's still missing the requested README. As I wrote earlier:

"
And please also add a little description (perhap in doc/README.ixp-npe) on how
to configure the newly added configuration defines "CONFIG_NPE_x_ADDRx". I
assume they point to a location in FLASH where the NPE binary should be
stored, right? Please describe this so that other people (and me after a few
months) understand this too.
"

Best would be to add a small example here, what file needs to get downloaded
from Intel (NPE binary), and how to program this to the correct location in
FLASH.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan