[U-Boot-Users] new cpu directory

Dylandrea Young dylandrea2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 19:26:30 CEST 2007

I know Freescale MPC5200, MPC5100 are based on 603e core. But the new MPC5121e chip is based on e300 core. That is what confused me. Should I go with cpu/mpc83xx or cpu/mpc5xxx? Or it doesn't matter since I don't need to touch the files in those two directories?

  Dna

Kim Phillips <kim.phillips at freescale.com> wrote:
  On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:22:35 -0500
Timur Tabi wrote:

> Dylandrea Young wrote:
> > Hello, all,
> >
> > I am going to port U-boot to a Freescale MPC5121e based board. The
> > MPC5121e uses the e300 CPU core based on the PowerPC instruction set. I
> > checked u-boot cpu directory and found there are bunch of cpu specific
> > subdirectories. Anyone happens to know that one of the subdirectory is
> > suit for e300 CPU? If there is no any existing cpu directory for e300
> > CPU core, I guess I have to create a new cpu directory and write
> > associate cpu specific files.
>
> cpu/mpc83xx is for the 83xx SOCs, all of which have an e300 core.

while that's true, I believe cpu/mpc5xxx is better suited for the 5121
CPU.

Kim