[U-Boot-Users] u-boot not compiling on Fedora core 6

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 6 20:57:59 CEST 2007

In message <IDEBKKLJFJMDCLNCEJPHGEDNCBAA.ganesh.patro at softdel.com> you wrote:

> I am not able to compile u-boot under fedora core 6 installation.

I have verified that it builds fine onf FC 3 though 6 and on Fedora 7.

> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/gcp/u-boot-1.1.6/tools'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/include/stddef.h', needed by
> `img2srec.o'.  Stop.

This is your native compiler toochain complaining about missing files.

On my FC6 systems, /usr/lib/gcc-lib is an empty directory.

> I installed my tool chain by doing
> rpm -iv mcgr-arm-gnutools-4.0-0.i386.rpm downloaded from Macraigor cygwin
> site

Maybe these tools are broken or at least incompatible with FC  Kinux.
Ask Macraigor support, please.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to  do  a  thing
and to watch someone else doing it wrong, without commenting.
                                                        -- T.H. White