[U-Boot-Users] multicast tftp: RFC2090

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Fri Jun 8 20:35:58 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 17:39 +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <1181316292.8300.112.camel at saruman.qstreams.net> you wrote:
> > > +       /* ..I now accept packets destined for this MCAST addr, port */
> > > +       if (!Multicast) {
> > > +               if (Bitmap) {
> > > +                       printf ("BUGBUGBUG Dave! why is this set!\n");
> > > +                       free(Bitmap);
>
> Maybe a "Bitmap = NULL;" is missing here?
>
> Abd BTW: why is this variable called "Bitmap" ?
>
> Please change this into "bitmap". Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Please forgive my ignorance, but is 'free()' implemented on all
architectures in the U-boot run-time code?  Some embedded things I've
worked on in the past didn't bother doing more than a stub since dynamic
memory allocation was generally frowned upon.  Of course, we were a
little more resource-constrained and it was years ago...

regards,
Ben