[U-Boot-Users] U-boot hangs while running a stand alone program

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 9 09:49:09 CEST 2007

In message <4dde4acb0706082318g60ec4c25tae4404d390d4c8d8 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>    I am running U-boot on Cogent CSB535FS board using Txema's patch. I
> am able to do a serial tranfer the image using loadb. But U-boot hangs
> when I run the image. I created the image as below:
>
> # mkimage -A arm -O u-boot -T standalone -C none -a 0xC0200000 -e
                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^
> 0xC0200004 -n "Hello World Program" -d hello_world.bin
> newhelloworld.bin
>
> My process is as below:
>
> => loadb C0200000
           ^^^^^^^^

Download address must be different from image load address.

> ## Checking Image at c0200000 ...
>    Image Name:   Hello World Program
>    Image Type:   ARM U-Boot Standalone Program (uncompressed)
>    Data Size:    520 Bytes =  0.5 kB
>    Load Address: c0200000
>    Entry Point:  c0200004
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
> => go C0200004
> ## Startin

And U-Boot images don't get started by "go", but with "bootm".

What you did here was jumping in the middle of the U-Boot image
header. This cannot work.

>   U-boot does not even print the whole line of "## Starting
> application at ... ". It just hangs after the above the line. What
> could be the problem?

Maybe you should start reading some documentation?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I don't see any direct evidence ...  but, then, my crystal ball is in
dire need of an ectoplasmic upgrade. :-)              -- Howard Smith