[U-Boot-Users] Blank console with IXDP425 in U-boot-1.1.6

Queenie queenie245 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 12:41:40 CEST 2007

Hi Everybody,

Iam a newbie in this field. I have a customed target board having IXP425.
This board has been working fine with Redboot. I do not have the working
source code for Redboot but only the bin file which works fine.
I now want to customise the u-boot and make u-boot the bootloader for this
board.

I have downloaded u-boot-1.1.6. Also I have downloaded the npe microcode
from intel website (IPL_ixp400NpeLibrary-2_4).
The tool chain I have downloaded is arm-linux-tools-20061213.tar.gz
I have added the toolchain in my $PATH (.bash_profile file)
I complied my u-boot for IXDP425 by giving the command "make ixdp425_config"
and the "make all"
It complied sucessfully and gave me a u-boot.bin and u-boot.srec file.

I used this u-boot.bin file and loaded it into my target board flash using
an ICE. after this is accomplished, I restarted the board and connected the
console of my target board so that i could observe the bootloader prompt on
the hyperterminal.
I see nothin on the console (hyperterminal)
I have connect it with baud rate 115200, 8 data bits, parity bits none, 1
stop bit and flow control as none. I even tried with flow control as
hardware.

Please advise where i could be going wrong and how i should proceed.

Thanks!!

Queenie