[U-Boot-Users] USB custodian repo updates

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Tue Jun 12 10:24:44 CEST 2007

Hi Matthias,

Matthias Fuchs <matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com> writes:

> good work. I gave it a try on our PLU405 board (405EP) with a PCI attached
> OHCI controller (ISP1561). I had to add a offset to the dma'ed addresses,
> so that the USB controller can access the correct locations in RAM.

Ok.

> CONFIG_PCI_CONFIG_HOST_BRIDGE must be defined and the pciconfighost variable
> must be set. After this, RAM is accessible at PCI address 0x8000000. I modified
> drivers/usb_ohci.c to support this offset (CFG_USB_OHCI_DMA_BASE).
>
> I am not sure if there is a better way to get PCI OHCI working with a 405 CPU.
> U-Boot does not setup the PLB/PCI bridge so that the RAM is accessible at
> PCI address 0.

And I think that we shouldn't force such a restriction. While your patch
doesn't actually augment readability ;-) i guess this is the price we
pay for supporting various controllers in one driver.

Could you resend your patch against the updated usb git repo and
including a Signed-off line?

Best regards

Markus Klotzbücher

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de