[U-Boot-Users] Blank console with IXDP425 in U-boot-1.1.6

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Jun 12 10:41:07 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007, Queenie wrote:
> Is there any way I can find out the difference between the IXDP425  board
> (development platform) and my customised board? I have the schematics only
> of my customised target platform.

You should be able to get the schematics for the Intel eval board from the
Intel. If it's not available on the web-page, then you should contact your
Intel distributor/FAE.

> From the schematics its clear that the IXP425 266MHz network processor
> uses
> the 33MHz PCI bus. The Expansion bus is connected to the Flash (Boot ROM).
> the SDRAM used is 4M*16*2. Serial port is connected to UART1 and MII 1 to
> the Lan port PHY.
> The physical address for Flash is (0x50000000) and SDRAM (0x00000000).

I suspect that you have a problem either with the boot-flash setup or the
SDRAM configuration. Here the setup from the ixdp425.h config file:

/*
 * Expansion bus settings
 */
#define CFG_EXP_CS0				0xbcd23c42

/*
 * SDRAM settings
 */
#define CFG_SDR_CONFIG		0xd
#define CFG_SDR_MODE_CONFIG	0x1
#define CFG_SDRAM_REFRESH_CNT 	0x81a

Please check if this exactly matches your setup. If not you have to change
these values accordingly.

> Do I have any changes in the /include/configs/ixdp425.h ?
> CFG_HZ is 3333333 currently.
> What r the files in U-boot i have to concentrate on? And what r the other
> things i have to check for considering Iam a newbie in this field.
>
> Can it be that I havent used the right cross toolchain to compile? R there
> some options i have to select?
> I have used arm-linux-tools-20061213.tar.gz ??
>
> Can someone please guide me.

I am.

Best regards,
Stefan