[U-Boot-Users] STM flash support

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Wed Jun 13 07:02:26 CEST 2007

First, never ever post HTML messages to the list. The mail format for
this list is plain text.

Ganesh Ragavan wrote:
> Thanks Stefan and Tolunay for the response.  The U-Boot version we are
> using is 1.0.0, which does not have the file cfi_flash.c that you
> mentioned.  We don't want to upgrade the version.

cfi_flash.c is in drivers directory. If you are not using cfi_flash.c
you are using a board custom flash driver.. There are/were a lot of
flash.c drivers in the past but many boards are now using cfi_flash
driver. You will have to support your own board custom driver yourself.

If your board is in public repository latest U-Boot version might be
already using cfi_flash driver.

Finally, U-Boot 1.0.0 is very old. There has been various bugs fixed.
You should use latest code from git repository.

Tolunay