[U-Boot-Users] Are there any instructions how to compile U-boot for ixp425 target?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Jun 13 13:06:04 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007, Teemu Keskinarkaus wrote:
> Yes, the PHY addresses are set correctly. At least I think they should
> be since I checked them from the schematics. I also checked from the
> older version and it seems that the PHY addresses are the same.

OK.

> > > Any idea what might be wrong? Or is it related somehow to that
> > > environment problem? I have following defines in
> > > include/configs/ixpd425.h
> > >
> > > #define CONFIG_ETHADDR          18:20:3e:26:0a:5b
> > > #define CONFIG_ETH1ADDR         18:20:3e:26:0a:5c
> > > #define CONFIG_NETMASK          255.255.255.0
> > > #define CONFIG_IPADDR           192.168.11.201
> > > #define CONFIG_SERVERIP         192.168.11.10
> >
> > Please only use such hardcoded MAC addresses for test purposes!
>
> Of course, but why doesn't those go to environment variables plus the
> lines you deleted? In version 1.1.2 default environment contains those
> values, but not in the current one. Maybe something has changed in
> environment setup?

As mentioned above it is strongly discouraged to use hard coded MAC addresses.
So they should not be included in the default env variables. You can (and
should) set the environment variables "ethaddr" and "eth1addr" on your board.
What's the problem with that?

<snip>

> I'll download the older version of Microcode and try with it, but if
> that doesn't help then I'm (again) kind of stuck.

Please do this test and let us know if the behavior changes.

My biggest problem with supporting you here, is (besides lack of time) that I
don't have access to an IXP4xx based hardware anymore. So I can't test
anything. Sorry.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de