[U-Boot-Users] MII - RMII Link status detection

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Wed Jun 13 16:29:50 CEST 2007

Hi,

u-boot-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on :
> My second problem has nothing to deal with u-boot but with Linux:
> We want to use the two network devices as one bonding device for
> high availability.So i configured and compiled the bonding module
> and the ifenslave command. Transfered it to the eval board and
> could successfully load (insmod) the module. The problem is that
> the bonding module do not receive a link down signal from the
> fec driver and so do not recognize a missing/broken cable or
> similar.

Does your fec driver support link status changes? Are there kernel
messages generated, if you plug/unplug your ethernet cable? If
not, the driver maybe does not support the link status change
interrupt. Or the PHY interrupt line is not connected with
the cpu on your hardware?

Regards,

Martin Krause

--
TQ-Systems GmbH
Muehlstrasse 2, Gut Delling, D-82229 Seefeld