[U-Boot-Users] Hi, I am new to U-Boot, how do I get started?

my lists lists_my at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 11:23:45 CEST 2007

I had a good read of the README in version 1.2.
 Unfortunately I do not have the money to hire a guru (unless I can fire one for less than 100 USD) and obviously I do not have the money for a BDI2000.

 What I want to do is take over some work done by Alexander Chukov (but I doubt patches made it to the official release) for the sharp zaurus (corgi and akita).
 What Alex did is fine I just want to get it working with current stable release (he was using ver 1.1.4) and add some features (in decreasing order of importance):
 read the CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND fom a file on an ext2 or jffs2 filesystem instead of having it hard coded in the sources,
 pick up the kernel from a ext2 or jffs2 filesystem,
 get the MMC socket working as a valid place to store config/kernel,
 get the onboard keyboard working for input,
 get the onboard lcd working for output.

 Is all this possible ? or is any of this ludicrus ?

 The first thing that is wrong is that the patches Alex made are getting rejects on the new 1.2.0 version (no wonder I guess a lot of code got changed).

 Secont thing: where can I get a better understanding of how things work without having to undersatnd that directly from the sources ... "read the sources Luke" is a difficult and long task for me (there is a lot of code and I get lost in it).
 I've started by looking at include/configs/corgi.h (the one that Alex made for the sharp corgi board) .... is that a good place to start ?

 Regards
 David