[U-Boot-Users] Port for M5329EVB ColdFire MCF5329 eval board - needs network!

Thomas Jansson thomas.jansson at endian.se
Tue Jun 19 08:38:20 CEST 2007

Hello!

On 14 jun 2007, at 04:14, Robert S. Grimes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on a port for the Freescale/LogicPD eval board with
> the ColdFire MCF5329 microcontroller.  I've got it up and running from
> flash and all.  No network yet - and I'm not sure how to proceed
> there.
> It seems from an example or two that U-Boot network drivers are
> usually
> fairly simple.  Is it true that a simple polled driver is sufficient?

Yes it is sufficient. I have actually quite recently made a U-Boot
port to the Cobra5329-board, working with flash, serial and ethernet
network.. The whole package is not quite in a submittable state right
now, but I will do it as soon as I find the time.

> I'd like to get Ethernet working, but I have more pressing concerns
> right now, so I can't really spend a lot of time on it. However,
> I'd be
> interested in working with others, and certainly would welcome a bit
> more guidance; I haven't really found much in the way of an "Ethernet
> Driver How-To", and I've looked.  Of course, I could have missed it...

I could assemble a patch with the ethernet stuff pretty soon.

Best regards,
Thomas