[U-Boot-Users] CFG_HZ value

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 20 09:24:45 CEST 2007

In message <2accc2ff0706191949r592a5c16h536e81d5b1b7621c at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> > How should one define CFG_HZ?  It seems that it's to be set to 1000.
> > However my system clock speed is not this.  What are the rules for setting
> > this value?  This constant is used in the timing functions of some boards.
>
> Is this a little off-topic?

No, it ain't off topic. It's U-Boot configuration...

> 1000 could be OK. Some people use 250.  Others go as far as using

250 is wrong. For U-Boot, you should ALWAYS use 1000.

> 100. It says how many times the kernel will wake up each second to

You are wrong. CFG_HZ is U-Boot only. The kenrel has  nothing  to  do
with it. The kernel is using HZ.

> And google for CONFIG_NO_HZ.

Now *this* is off topic here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The last thing one knows in constructing a work is what to put first.
- Blaise Pascal