[U-Boot-Users] Some questions about what is planned to improveU-Boot configuration...

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Wed Jun 20 23:05:34 CEST 2007

> FWIW, I fully support going this direction.  I've been making some
> steps in the same direction, but as always there are more things to do
> than time to do them in.
>
> My advice: start small and don't try to change too much at once.  Get
> the basic infrastructure in place and get the patches out to the list.
> Maybe start with being able to select the board port with Kconfig
> while leaving include/configs/* in place.  Once that is working and
> proven, then start migrating configuation over to Kconfig.

I think it might be worthwhile to see if we long term can
merge the configuration with the Linux configuration

I think some of the configuration items could be the same
and could therefore use the same name.

Will U-Boot break, if the Linux .config is included in the Makefile?

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson