[U-Boot-Users] USB Host support

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Thu Jun 21 08:55:43 CEST 2007

Junior,

Junior <ejr at inbox.com> writes:

> Just an inquiry on the USB host support.
> I've been thinking about ading USB host support to my u-boot port but I'm not
> sure what current infrastructure is there to make this painless.
> Is there a generic interface for this, or is this done on a platform
> by platform basis?

The higher level interfaces are all in place and there are drivers for
different controllers such as OHCI and UHCI. Some of these controller
drivers are still board dependant, but we're in the progress of merging
them together into one generic driver. If you happen to have an OHCI
Controller, don't miss "doc/README.generic_usb_ohci".

> My motive here is to be able to detect a usb memory stick and be able
> to read and write to to it. Have anyone been suscessfull in doing
> this? This would be done on an ARM9 platform.

Writing is not supported so far, but reading works fine on a number of
architectures and boards.

Best regards

Markus Klotzbuecher

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de