[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_MMC: mapping the device to physical memoryfor sharp ZAURUS

Joey Oravec joravec at drewtech.com
Thu Jun 21 15:00:58 CEST 2007

"my lists" <lists_my at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:187928.85495.qm at web57312.mail.re1.yahoo.com...
> CFG_MMC_BASE: is this the base address where MMC is mapped ?
>
> include/configs/pxa255_idp.h:#define CFG_MMC_BASE               0xF0000000
> is this usable gererically for pxa255 or only for that specific board ?
> if not how can I find out where it is mapped (if there is no tech
> documentation
> avalible for sharp Zaurus) ?

Take a look at cpu/pxa/mmc.c. This adds a few functions like
mmc_block_read(), mmc_block_write(), and mmc_init() which interact with the
media card. Typically init will register the card as a FAT filesystem, and
you'll let those functions interact with the card.

In my version of the code, CFG_MMC_BASE mainly affects the "cp" command in
common/cmd_mem.c. Some functions like that will let you interact with the
card as a raw device, as if it were mapped into unused memory. They'll call
mmc2info() to decide if the address is within that assigned range. I don't
find this feature very useful and always interact with the card as a
filesystem.

-joey