[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_MMC: mapping the device to physicalmemoryfor sharp ZAURUS

Joey Oravec joravec at drewtech.com
Thu Jun 21 19:33:04 CEST 2007

"my lists" <lists_my at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:56457.87841.qm at web57305.mail.re1.yahoo.com...
> What would I then need to use in the
> CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND
> to boot from a kernel in MMC filesystem ?

I'm calling bootmmc, and my definitions look like:

bootmmc = run initcard getmmckernel runsdram;
initcard = mmcinit;
getmmckernel = fatload mmc 6 $(kernel_in_ram) uImage;
runsdram = bootm $(kernel_in_ram);

Notice that I'm use the run command so it won't try to run a subsequent
command if initcard fails.

> I was also wondering if I can get ext2 filesystem support for MMC ...

There's a common/cmd_ext2.c so there must be some support. I have no idea
because I have never used it, so you're on your own there.

-joey