[U-Boot-Users] USB Host support

David Saada David.Saada at ecitele.com
Mon Jun 25 12:59:32 CEST 2007

> >> The higher level interfaces are all in place and there are drivers for
> >> different controllers such as OHCI and UHCI. Some of these controller
> >> drivers are still board dependant, but we're in the progress of merging
> >> them together into one generic driver. If you happen to have an OHCI
> >> Controller, don't miss "doc/README.generic_usb_ohci".
> > Is there a plan to support EHCI as well?
>
> There are already boards supporting USB 2.0. Grep for "USB_2_0_DEVICE".
Marcus - of what I've seen (in the USB tree), the USB_2_0 support is for a
CPU specific (4xx) EHCI controller. My question was about a generic EHCI
controller driver (like the OHCI one), as we plan to use a PCI based USB
host controller. I guess we can operate it in the OHCI mode at boot stage
and get a slower boot if generic EHCI support is not planned in the near
future.

Best regards,
David.