[U-Boot-Users] MPC8439E + Marvell 888E1111 (blah!)

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon Jun 25 17:12:01 CEST 2007

David Hawkins wrote:

> So it looks like the ITX uses a Vitesse VSC8201, which
> has a nice web page with all the documents! Yeah.
>
> http://www.vitesse.com/products/product.php?number=VSC8201

The ITX has the 8201 and the 7385.  The 7385 is proprietary.  However, the ITX-GP only has
the 8201.

> Anyone have anything good, or bad to say about these
> parts, any other options I should consider?

I wrote the U-Boot code to support these boards, and the networking stuff was pretty much
99% done with existing code, so the 8201 looks like it's very well supported.

Also, I personally think the ITX's board header file is nicer than the one for the
8349EMDS.  :-)

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale