[U-Boot-Users] passing parameters to kernel from u-boot 1.1.6

Queenie queenie245 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 11:47:02 CEST 2007

Hi Everybody,

Iam working on changing the bootloader from redboot to u-boot 1.1.6 for my
customised target board having IXP422 chipset.
The board had two files, one was the redboot bootloader (bin) file and
second was the Image ( Kernel & Application .rmt) file. I guess that this
Image file would not be dependent on the bootloader. Am i rite?

I have managed to get the console and network of U-boot 1.1.6 up on my
customised board with the help of this forum :)

Now I would like to port the existing Image. How can I do it. Can anyone
help me with this?

I have tried changing the "bootfile" env variable with the location of my
image and reset the board, it gives the load address as 0x200000 then
"bad checksum" and ends with the statement "bad magic number"

then i tried giving "tftpboot 0x00200000 uImage" it did almost the same ,
load address 0x200000, loading with some Hash # and then then gav ethe
number of bytes tranfered, this time no error message.
then i  tried bootm 0x200000but it said... booting image at 0x00200000 and
then BAD MAGIC NUMBER.

how should i proceed with this. Pl Help!

Queenie