[U-Boot-Users] passing parameters to kernel from u-boot 1.1.6

Queenie queenie245 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:48:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

 I tried mkimage comand on the host system where i had complied u-boot 1.1.6

localhost:$ mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C none -a 0x8000 -e 0x8000 -n
"Linux 2.4" -d linux.bin uImage.bin
where linux.bin was the Image (kernel+application+fs) which was earlier used
by my redboot bootloader.

Can someone let me know how we can decide the RAM address? how can we
determine 0x8000 or something else. ?? i tried 0x200000 also but it didnt
work.

When my u-boot boots, it says

>From server 192.168.5.12; our IP address is 192.168.5.215
Filename 'uImage'.
Load address: 0x200000
done
Bytes transferred = 6721600 (669040 hex)

## Booting image at 00200000 ...
Image Name: Linux 2.4
Image Type: ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
Data Size: 6721536 Bytes = 6.4 MB
Load Address: 00008000
Entry Point: 00008000
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Starting kernel ...

and then it restarts and agian does the same and restarts...

Help me!

Queenie