[U-Boot-Users] relaxing 256MB assumption

L.Campora at Sirti.it L.Campora at Sirti.it
Fri Jun 29 12:57:42 CEST 2007

Hi all,
I need to execute U-boot in a memory region higher than 256MB.
In order to do so, I changed the piece of code in board.c (under the
CONFIG_VERY_BIG_RAM branch)
from

--      /* only allow stack below 256M */
--      addr = CFG_SDRAM_BASE +
--             (gd->ram_size > 256 << 20) ? 256 << 20 : gd->ram_size;

++      /* only allow stack below 256M */
++      addr = CFG_SDRAM_BASE +
++             (gd->ram_size > CFG_MAX_DRAM_UBOOT_SIZE << 20) ?
CFG_MAX_DRAM_UBOOT_SIZE << 20 : gd->ram_size;

where CFG_MAX_DRAM_UBOOT_SIZE is a constant that I assign to be 1GB (the
physical dimension of my memory).

Apparently, U-boot seems to work fine.. (boots from network, programs
flashes...)

Is there anything else I need to atke into account for my needs?

Thanks

luigi

Luigi Campora
Sirti S.p.A.
TR-LH Divisione Trasporti
Via Bombrini, 11/4
16149 Genova
tel:  +39 010 65948 36
fax:  +39 010 65948 22
cell: +39 335 7470015
Web: www.sirti.it
email: L.Campora at sirti.it

NOTA DI RISERVATEZZA
Questo messaggio e  i suoi allegati sono  destinati esclusivamente
alle persone in indirizzo e puo' contenere informazioni riservate.
Se  avete ricevuto  il  messaggio  per errore,  Vi  informiamo che
qualsiasi  utilizzo dei contenuti della presente e'  assolutamente
vietato.  Vi  invitiamo  a  rispedire  immediatamente  la mail  al
mittente e  a distruggere il messaggio. Per  qualsiasi dubbio,  Vi
invitiamo a contattarci rispondendo a  webmaster at sirti.it
      Grazie    www.sirti.it

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This  message  and its  attachments are  addressed  solely  to  the
persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have
received the message  in error,  be informed that any  use  of  the
content hereof is prohibited.  Please return it  immediately to the
sender  and delete the  message. Should  you  have  any  questions,
please contact us by replying to  webmaster at sirti.it
      Thank you    www.sirti.it