[U-Boot-Users] AT91RM9200-EK : using interruptions on applications running under u-boot

Sebastien JEAN Sebastien.JEAN at iut-valence.fr
Fri Jun 29 14:00:43 CEST 2007

hi,

i am developping a custom operating system for AT91RM9200-EK board.
I am facing some problems using interrupts.

I cross-compile for ARM using ELDK and it works fine. I have succedeed in
writing and running sample standalone application using DBGU, by
configuring PIO and PDC.

I run my applications under u-boot, consequently i do not make low level
inits any more (my startup.S file just branch at main). My apps are
located at 20000000 (i.e. start of RAM)

I tried to configure interrupt handling mecanism in order to manage DBGU
i/o under interrupt, but i do not succeeded.
I used sample code found in romboot sources, especially asm_ir.S assembly
interrupt handler, and the snippets that configure AIC and enable IT.

I ve searched for a long time, but i do not what happen.
It seems that my interrupt handler is never called.
May be something is missing in hw inits. Nevertheless I guess that
applications running under u-boot may be able to handle interrupts.

If someone had such trouble or have a working example of code that use
DBGU interrupts on top of u-boot, it would be very helpful for me.

Baz.