[U-Boot-Users] USB Host support

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Jun 29 14:04:13 CEST 2007

Hi Junior,

>>> Just an inquiry on the USB host support.
>>> I've been thinking about ading USB host support to my u-boot port but
>>> I'm not
>>> sure what current infrastructure is there to make this painless.
>>> Is there a generic interface for this, or is this done on a platform
>>> by platform basis?
>>
>> The higher level interfaces are all in place and there are drivers for
>> different controllers such as OHCI and UHCI. Some of these controller
>> drivers are still board dependant, but we're in the progress of merging
>> them together into one generic driver. If you happen to have an OHCI
>> Controller, don't miss "doc/README.generic_usb_ohci".
>

> Hi Markus,
> I could not find this README document in any source and I just pulled the git source.
> Any idea where it is?

This is in Markus' u-boot-usb custodian[1] repository and not yet
merged into mainline.  You can check out an online version here[2].

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/Custodians
[2] http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot/u-boot-usb.git;a=blob;f=doc/README.generic_usb_ohci;h=c343dfdf90af41c74b738e214703d03564361ae4;hb=9b7464a2c88614e1061f509c48930a3d240d1a35

--
While  the list of  different methods is not  endless, it is certainly
pretty long, with new ones being dreamed up all the time. Fortunately,