[U-Boot-Users] IXP and I2C - support

madcat at takaisin.fi madcat at takaisin.fi
Thu Mar 1 13:51:58 CET 2007

Hi,

I tried to look from old messages, but I couldn't find the answer.

I have IXP425 - based board that is using U-Boot to startup. Now I need
I2C-support to U-Boot to be able to access eeprom. I looked through code
and noticed that IXP does not have hardware I2C-support in U-Boot. Has
some one made the hardware support?

I also checked the soft_i2c, but then I would need to implement gpio for
IXP, because U-Boot doesn't seem to have them. So, if some one has
already made the support for harware I2C, I think it's easier to
integrate that to the my version of U-Boot than trying to get the
soft_i2c working.

Or, if nobody has made the I2C-support, have someone made the
gpio-support? I haven't check how much I have to modify the code if I
try to use the gpio-code from the kernel.

Thanks.

- Teemu K.