[U-Boot-Users] Extremely tiny footprint

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 2 15:57:18 CET 2007

In message <200703021219.57763.laurent.pinchart at technotrade.biz> you wrote:

> I would like to use U-Boot as a first-stage boot loader to program flash
> memory on the target board. The idea is to perform a two-steps procedure:

That's not what U-Boot was designed for. You will run into problems.

> To minimize time spent in step one, I need to make the first-stage boot loader
> as small as possible (hopefully less than 32kB). Has anyone ever stripped
> U-Boot that much ? Is there any documentation available ?

Just use a real U-Boot. JTAG programming does not take so long. IMHO
you're wasting your time.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There is nothing new under the sun, but there are lots of old things
we don't know yet."                                  - Ambrose Bierce