[U-Boot-Users] icache/dcache not working on PPC440

Niklaus Giger Niklaus.Giger at netstal.com
Fri Mar 2 16:51:53 CET 2007

Hi

Our HW engineers discovered that the U-Boot commands icache/dcache
do not work on PPC440x boards (at least yosemite and sequoia).

In my opinion icache/dcache work only on PPC40x processors where one
can alter the ICCR/DCCR registert. For the PPC440x register one should
tinker with the corresponding SA_I bit in the TLB.

Has somebody already solved this problem and would be willing to
share his patch?

If not I am willing to work on patch along the following lines:

a) add some C-callable routines to cpu/ppc4xx/start.S to use
the TLB Search Instruction and
b) to modify/setup a TLB from C
c) add in cpu/ppc4xx/cpu.c d/icache_dis/enable procedure
Any objections/comments?

Best regards

Niklaus Giger