[U-Boot-Users] PCI Bridge Setup

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Sat Mar 3 02:20:44 CET 2007

Question on PCI bridge configuration and memory ranges.

I know that each PCI bridge, and in my case it is a dual function device
with 2 slave busses, must contain BAR's that are configured to indicate what
MEMIO and MEM space reside beyond them.

My question is that with a single master<8360E> pci host<bus 0>, and two
slave busses in parallel <bus 1 and bus 2>, do I need to provide separate
memory regions in my 83xx BAR setup, one for each bus. Or is U-boot able to
configure this up when PNP is turned on, and it sees a PCI card <i.e. Intel
Pro1000>.

Example:
I have my Host PCI MEMIO BAR set at 0x90000000 @ 256MB, only one range and
BAR in the host is setup for MEMIO. 0xA0000000 @ 256MB is the MEM range.

In the P2P Bridge I can see that only the MEMIO space is being configured to
only allow enough space for 0x90000000->0x9000FFFF. All other regions are
turned off, or set to a negative size. Is this the intended outcome of a
Bridge configuration at least for an Intel Pro1000 GT card?

When I load Linux 2.6.20 as soon as the driver tries to access this card,
the whole system locks up.