[U-Boot-Users] Understanding imw & inm

Charles Krinke ckrinke at istor.com
Sun Mar 4 22:33:46 CET 2007

I have an 8541 board with a number of I2C chips and am having trouble understanding the use of inm & inw. I can iprobe, but when I try to write the first byte to zero, I get an error. The chip at address 70 is a Philips PCA9538 with four registers and I am trying to write the first register at offset zero to the value zero.

Can someone help me understand the error of my ways.

Charles

sff=> iprobe
Valid chip addresses: 2A 2D 37 57 58 59 68 70
sff=> help imd
imd chip address[.0, .1, .2] [# of objects]
    - i2c memory display
sff=> imd 70 0.1 4
0000: 7f 7f 7f 7f    ....
sff=> inm.b 70 0