[U-Boot-Users] query on u-boot support for Micron nand flash

sandeep prabhu sandeep.mitian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:00:00 CET 2007

Hi,

I am using Micron NAND flash (MT29F1GxxABB) on a custom omap2430 based
board, to which I am porting the u-boot (version 1.1.4). I am using the nand
legacy driver( drivers/nand_legacy/nand_legacy.c ) for the Micron nand
flash. I am able to detect the nand flash, and retrieve the vendor and
device ID properly,  but read/write operations fail on nand flash.

Nand Chip Details:
Chip       : MT29F1GxxABB
Total Size : 128MB
Page Size  : 2KB
OOB Size   : 64bytes per page.
Block Size : 128KB = 64Pages
# of Blocks: 1024
Bus Width  : 16 bit (16x)

I have following queries on this:

1. Does u-boot support large page NAND devices ? and if it does, how to
enable it ?
2. Does anyone has support for Micron Flash ? Any patches need to be applied
?

Please help,
Sandeep Prabhu