[U-Boot-Users] Changes to U-Boot Development Process

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 6 17:27:32 CET 2007

In message <1173197134.23776.64.camel at ld0161-tx32> you wrote:

> > > I will not be able to use ssh to push to your repositories
> > > from Freescale.  Is there any chance you could instead
> > > pull from Freescale's public repository at:
> >
> > You mean cron-job based?
>
> Hmmm.  I wasn't thinking cron-based at all, but
> rather in the usual "Please Pull" request mode
> that we see on other lists.

No. You send me a "please pull" when you want me to pull from / merge
with your custodian repository into the "official" master repository.

But what and when you check into your custodian repo, which  branches
you  use  there  etc. should be completely under your control only. I
don't want to get involved there.

If you cannot push, all we can  do  is  run  automatic  (cron  based)
updates  which  sync  against  another repo of your choice; note that
probably restricts your options.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Time is fluid ... like a river with currents, eddies, backwash.
	-- Spock, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0