[U-Boot-Users] JFFS2 and NAND flash parts

Matt Gessner mgessner at Avidyne.com
Tue Mar 6 18:43:30 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm running on an Atmel AT91RM9200.  I've got a 256MB NAND flash.  All
of the NAND flash stuff works great.  Kudos go to whoever did all this.

My issue is that when populating the JFFS2 information structure in
mtdparts_init (I do not have CONFIG_JFFS2_CMDLINE set), the size is
obtained but it's not used; rather, the compile time constant of
CONFIG_JFFS2_PART_SIZE is used.  The downside of this is that the code
won't run on boards if the board is manufactured with a different part;
u-boot needs to be customized for each board.

So here's what I'm proposing to do: since size is filled in by
device_validate, 'size' be used for part->size.

If anyone has any objections, please let me know.  It seems to me that
it makes more sense to do it based on the device on the board rather
than what's configured.

Thanks in advance,

Matt Gessner
Avidyne Corp