[U-Boot-Users] arm SoC code in U-Boot.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 8 09:40:17 CET 2007

In message <918EB199DDDFFA42BEA2EB3A1C6021F301646DC3 at CORREO> you wrote:

> I'm afraid I'm quite a bit missing in this discussion. At last, where
> must I put the imx21 related code? In drivers/imx ? Or will the U-Boot
> structure be changed (the Soc related code will be spread over
> drivers/..)?. Must I wait? Must I do something about it?.

We agreed to have a directory structure like this:

> > > drivers/net/netarm_eth.*
> > > drivers/net/qe/*
> > > drivers/i2c/omap1510_i2c.*

Thinking about this again, there is still unneeded redundancy in the
names, and it would be better to have simple names like that:

	drivers/net/arm*
	drivers/net/qe/*
	drivers/i2c/omap1510.*

So if you have a IMX serial driver that should go to
	drivers/serial/imx.c
and an ethernet driver to
	drivers/net/imx.c
and your I2C driver to
	drivers/i2c/imx.c

As a minimum, you should start this new directory structure  and  use
it  for  the  IMX  related  code (and leave the cleanup of the other,
already existing code in the  drivers/  directory  to  others).  Even
better,  you  would  include this restructuring of the existing code,
too.

[And ideally, you would clean up all the U-Boot code, merge all  open
patches  and  fix  all  the  remaining  bugs as well. But I guess I'm
asking for too much :-) ]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I really hate this damned machine     It never does quite what I want
I wish that they would sell it.              But only what I tell it.