[U-Boot-Users] [GIT PULL] add support for sbc8349, MPC832XEMDS, MPC8349EA, MPC8360EA, and various bugfixes

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 8 23:04:43 CET 2007

In message <20070308155155.585fe712.kim.phillips at freescale.com> you wrote:

> Please pull
> http://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-mpc83xx.git master
> to receive the updates.

Done, merged.

I tested it on a TQM8349 board nd confirm that it seems to be working
fine.

Two requests:

U-Boot has become very noisy with these changes. I get:

	U-Boot 1.2.0-geb92f613 (Mar  8 2007 - 22:53:28) MPC83XX

	Clock configuration:
	  Coherent System Bus:  266 MHz
	  Core:                 533 MHz
	  Local Bus Controller: 266 MHz
	  Local Bus:             33 MHz
	  DDR:                  266 MHz
	  SEC:                   88 MHz
	  I2C1:                  88 MHz
	  I2C2:                 266 MHz
	  TSEC1:                 88 MHz
	  TSEC2:                 88 MHz
	  USB MPH:               88 MHz
	  USB DR:                88 MHz
	CPU: MPC8349E, Rev: 11 at 533.328 MHz
	Board: TQM834x
	PCI1:  32 bit, 0 MHz
	I2C:   ready

Sometimes it is interesting to see all the clock frequencies, but for
normal operation I would prefer to see less  output.  Before  we  had
this:

	Clock configuration:
	  Coherent System Bus:  266 MHz
	  Core:                 533 MHz
	  Local Bus:             33 MHz

I think this enough (or already too many  lines)  for  standard  use.
Maybe you can omit the additional information and provide a new (83xx
specific?)  command "clocks" or so, which prints the full information
if anybody really wants to see it?

More nitpicking: maybe we can align the "CPU:"  and  "Board:"  lines,
i. e. make it look like this:

	CPU:   MPC8349E, Rev: 11 at 533.328 MHz
	Board: TQM834x

Thanks in advance.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the  one  I've
never tried before.                     -- Mae West, "Klondike Annie"