[U-Boot-Users] Can I use kermit to download u-boot image to RAM

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 09:51:05 CET 2007

Hi list,

I want to copy u-boot image to RAM and check whether it runs
successfully from there before I actually write it to flash. I know
copying to RAM and flashing should be done using JTAG/BDI interfaces
etc. I think kermit can be used to copy linux image to flash, the same
way can it be used to copy u-boot image to RAM or flash?

On my new board which doesnt have any boot loader, can I use kermit to
download u-boot.bin to RAM and check whether is working from there?

-Pharaoh